JTS is working as a Not-for-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee - not having a share capital under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984 regulated by SECP. The promoter institution is COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), which nominates the members of JTS. It is a self-sustaining and autonomous organization which works under the directions of the BODs of JTS, who are nominees of CIIT.
Academic and other Committees:
JTS has constituted following committees which comprise of experts:
- Academic Committee consists of eminent university professors responsible for developing the curricula, along with regulating and promoting consistent testing
- Executive Committee comprises of all HODs and nominees that look after the operational affairs of JTS.
- Peer Review Committee consists of eminent university professors solely responsible for quality assurance of test contents and test items.
- Subject Committee lays down proper standards of curriculum, so as to regulate and promote the standards for testing in a specific subject: numerous test item developers also work under this committee.
- MCQ Contributors Committee consists of educational experts from primary to professional level faculty members from colleges and universities, who help in building authentic Test Item bank.
Institutional Capacity and Network:
- 250 full time employees.
- 10,000 highly trained personnel for test proctoring.
- Capable of conducting paper-based test for 300,000 candidates in 68 citiesand computer-based tests in 45 cities of Pakistan simultaneously.
- Capable of processing 100,000 application forms per day.
- 350 institutions are on panel as test centers.
- About 3000 test item contributors from prestigious universities and reputed professional organizations.
- Test Item Bank contains more than 600,000 test items in about 77 well-known disciplines of Engineering, IT, Medicine, Management, Natural and Social Sciences.